I've read from fellow bloggers review about this movie and I simply say, they got me (Cahaya tertipu okeh!). But, I don't get them. I've read a lot of good comments and none of it matches with whatever I've watched yesterday.
I'm hysterical just thinking about this movie alone. And frustrated. It reminds me one lousy Hollywood movie (I'm so sorry, I forgot the title) where bunch of hot chicks have been stalked by a serial killer. Just in this movie, they've been haunted and killed by Jembalang.
In 'Histeria', as I've told you earlier, there were like 7 young babes to attract the audiences. To make a good or quality horror movie, you are not only need a scary looking ghost and also bunch of hot-dumb-bimbo-perasan-bagus chicks to sell it. You need a good plot and storyline too. The storyline was okay. But, some of the plots were not logically explain. And it leaves me with Why? What? How? while watching it.
Here what I think where the plots were not really logic in nature or not logically explain.
1) Every Malaysian-made horror movie, mesti ada tukang kebun saiko who in the end akan bantu selamatkan mereka² yang stupid dari hantu.
2) The bedsheets and susun atur bilik dorm lama. Looks very new and some people actually staying there. No sign of 'blok lama'.
3) Not much of light, even though in the middle of the day. Hello, lampu takde ke?
4) Jembalang ada serang manusia2 macam tu ke? Setahunya kalau Jembalang ni akan mengamuk dia akan gunakan cara lain utk menyerang mangsanya. Contoh, kalau nak bagi mati pun, tergelincir dengan sendiri dlm bilik air, walaupun tak licin. Or, kena hempap almari buku ke masa scene library tu. But, bukan bunuh lor. :(
5) Cikgu Disiplin yang sebok nak hukum pelajar tu mana? Kata soh serahkan pada dia? Pelik btol.
6) After almost-kissing-scene yang the 2-lesbo tu, apesal everything okay je between them? Like nothing happen pun.
7) What is the purpose of the 'Jembalang' to killed Murni's friends? Sebab dendam ke? Abis, Cikgu Helmi tu pun kena jugak. Encik Tukang Kebun saiko pun kena jugak.
8) Scha nampak matang dlm filem ni. Bila dia duduk dengan kanak2 tu, sangat beza. Macam kakak form 5 ngan adik form 3.
9) Budak2 ni tak takut siang or malam. Sangat berani tak kena tempat. Pastu lari ke hulu ke hilir tanpa arah tujuan.
10) Toilet kotor gila but the shower curtains sangat bersih berseri. And, waktu Marina pegi toilet, mesti toilet yang dekat dengan library. So, kenapa toilet dekat library ada shower curtains and shower cubicle? Bukan toilet asrama je ke ade? Lagi pelik.
But, all in all, this movie really attract the audiences by the juicy movie trailer, deliciously full blood poster which I believe conned me too. Way to go, at least we can see development in these two things. !st, it indicates that the film industry has improved in making exciting and alluring trailers to draw the audience to the cinema. 2nd, it might indicate that I'm expecting something more! A tricky one to elaborate but trailers are the way to go. Sangat2 tertarik dengan trailer sampai sanggup paksa my elder sister to watch horror movie (she hates horror movie, to have her watch horror scene at home was good enough) and she spent most of the time talking to us. She barely watch it. Haha.
I really expect something extraordinary than normal Malay horror-flick. The movie was so-so. The director did a good job for a very-good-looking-scary ghost and how it appeared. The 7 young babes - Liyana Jasmay, Scha and some others really did a good job as stupid-berlagak-berani chicks. Other cast - tukang kebun, Adlin, Vanidah, and Ady Putra doesn't leave much of an impact to the story.
If you're up for some gore and blood, this would still be 'a-must' viewing. If not, just forget about it. It's nothing like Jangan Pandang Belakang or Congkak or Anak yang buat kita kejap2 terkejut. This movie is like at another level/league to talk about it.
However, let's not get carried away. Please. There's nothing to be hysterical about, really. Nothing!
p/s: During my school day, if I'm not mistaken, while in Form1. There was a 'histeria' case in school and one-by-one my classmates screamming and showing their thumbs to us. They said something inside it. But, none of it like in this movie. Kat sekolah dulu, diorang kacau busut sebelah padang sekolah. Padan la muka, Stupid! But, to be very positive about it, the afternoon session been asked to go home. Yeay!